How to prepare for emergency:
PEP (Personal Emergency Preparation)
Fremont Fire Department came to FRCC and give a presentaiton, and the videos are recorded:
part 1, (1h30m）
- How to Make your own emergency bags.
- Leave the emergency bag near your bed, so that when earthquake happens at night, it’s easily accessable.
- Prepare running shoose under your bed, in case earthquake happens and there might be broken glasses around.
- Flash light be placed near your bed where you can access in the dark. It’s better hand-cranking powered so no need to worry about batteries.
- Every family has at least 1 week supply of water per person. Each individual consumes about 1 gallon of water per day. Replenish water every six months。
- Learn how to shut down main gas, water pipe, and electricity。
- Prepare fire extinguisher, placed near the exit of your home, check the level and validy once a year。
Community Emergency Response Team:
A 20 hour training course offered by each local city:
City of Fremont:
- CERT：community emergency response teams, 2011 class begins on 9/22, each Thursday night 7pm-10pm.